Friday, September 07, 2007

Concussion junction

Tuesday we planned to go to Getafe in the morning and see some sights in Madrid later. We were on our way to catch the interurbano bus that has a stop off the highway, walking at a brisk clip, when I ran smack-dab into a concrete pedestrian walkway and hit the top of my head. Very hard. Maybe it had something to do with avoiding the bright sun. For the first few seconds I was still insisting we continue on our journey. I think A. was crying more than me at first. But then the pain caught up with me and I realized I would listen to A. and go home.

He put prepared some ice for me and I watched Spanish Wheel of Fortune for about an hour. I fared all right on the word puzzles. A. quizzed me periodically about my address and eventually felt confident I wasn't suffering memory loss or other symptoms of a more serious injury. My noggin was awfully tender but it was actually my left index-finger joint that really bothered me (must have hit it on the ground when I fell). I couldn't type comforably for the past two days because it. But the bump on my head has gone down at least.

It's time's like these I wish I weren't tall and easily distracted.

No comments: