Friday, September 21, 2007

My fall fashion fetish

Classical beauty.

This will probably sound facetious, but I have been obsessed with fashion this past week. First of all, I have had the (beautiful) song from new Corte Inglés commercials for their "Entra en la magia de la moda" campaign for their fall '07 women's collection stuck in my head. You can watch the spot here.

I searched and searched for the song's lyrics using my mad-awesome detective skills (unfortunately my ear for sung French is not very good, so it took some time) and finally found it: The artist is Jane Birkin and the song, "Baby Alone in Babylone," (the version is from Birkin's live Arabesque album, NOT the earlier album of the same name).

Secondly, Spanish news shows have been covering the Pasarela Cibeles week obsessively, and I happened to see a brief shot of some chiffon concoctions that completely captivated me. After some more careful online detective work, I found that they were designed by Spanish bridal designer Elio Berhanyer. I will let the dresses speak for themselves:

Even better, treat yourself to the first 3 minutes (at least) of this video of the parade. What an elegant presentation, with the divine live flamenco ensemble behind the models, fronted by Spanish soprano Paloma Soria. I sure hope these styles get trickled down into affordable clothing stores in the coming season(s). I would just die to have one (or several) dresses like these in my closet.

1 comment:

- said...

Wow ! Me likes....a lot. I shudder to think what might happen to my credit if I landed in Spain :-P (which, hopefully would be in Jan-Feb 2008)